Join Gavin Anderson and Axel Segebrecht for a discussion of the ‘climate shaped hole’ at the heart of this years’ Spring Budget in the UK.
- What would you have hoped to hear the finance minister Rishi Sunak announce last week?
- Do you think the support for sustainable energy and charge charging points goes far enough?
Let us know by posting on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or Twitch!
Here are some of the key points from the spring statement made on the budget by Mr Sunak:
- The government will cut to zero a 5% VAT rate for households installing solar panels, heat pumps or insulation.
- Mr Sunak announced that fuel duty will be cut by 5p from 57.95p per litre following the surge in petrol prices with the reduction lasting for 12 months.
- The OBR on Wednesday forecast that energy bills will rise by 40% again in October if wholesale gas prices remain at the same level they are now
You can find a more detailed summary here: (no affiliation)